Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tagged?

In the comments for this post, reader Kevin writes:

I found your blog by way of TSM, and I've seen you on the boards at the gunthing. Nice blog sir! BTW, I just tagged you...

I haven't responded to this prior because I didn't realize the full meaning of being tagged. I'm still not sure which of the following it means
  1. starting a meme, or
  2. posting 5 things about myself that most people don't know, or
  3. posting 8 things about myself that most people don't know.
For now, I'll assume it means the last one, but like The Mrs. I refuse to forward the meme/tag to anyone else; I hate chain letters and I'm not much of a joiner.

I drafted up a list of "eight things few know about me" and then sat on it for about a week. I just didn't feel right about posting it. And then it struck me. This new "Intarnet" socialization phenomenon just doesn't sit right with me. I don't want people whom I've never met knowing more about me than casual work acquaintances.

So, I guess, indirectly I've revealed something about myself ... bummer. Here's the revised list, albeit a shorter one ....
  1. I'm a quasi-misanthrope, in that I don't like most people and prefer to keep my own company than hang out with people I don't really like.
  2. I don't own a cell phone, don't have cable service, and don't watch TV.

2 comments:

Weetabix said...

I'm with you on the first of "two things about you" though most people I know do know them about me. I'd join you on the second except that my business requires the cell phone & my wife requires the cable & the TV. I hate them all, though. Err.. not the wife, you understand, but the electronics.

As to the internet "getting to know you" I still haven't figured most things out about blogs & forums & such. Not sure I care to. I'm glad that you have, though.

Kevin said...

That was the first time I'd been tagged, and I while I'll respond to tags when I get them, I no longer pass them on - it's not everyone's bag. That particular one was to list your five favorite places to eat...
I wish I could dump my cell phone - I don't much care to be on call all the time, but circumstances require it.
As for cable - are you crazy? We're right in the middle of Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, man!