Monday, September 29, 2008

No stinkin' BAILOUT!!!!

As you've probably heard, congress rejected the projected $700B bailout. Mark my words: this is a GOOD thing!

McCain even stood up and said he was voting against it. Wonderful political move, I must say.

And the price of oil dropped to $96/barrel, on fear of a slowdown .... nice bonus there!

The media has been using scary words (Americans are apparently easily scared) saying that this bailout is needed to avoid a complete collapse of the financial system and to avoid another Depression. Bullshit, I say.

The chickens are coming home to roost, and the Democrats in congress (Barney Frank and the Black Congressional Causes, please call your office!), who brow-beat financial institutions into extending no-cost mortgages to people who had no business buying houses, are to blame.

If a 20% drop in the value of my 401K is the price I need to pay to clean HOUSE (yes, that house), then it's money well spent.

Hang on .....

1 comment:

Weetabix said...

I guess running a prostitution ring out of your office isn't enough to hang a guy, but if he hurts our wallets, can we do it now? Please?